Welcome

Proskuneo: to kiss towards or to bow down in reverence. My name is Vic Hammond and I love to curate worship experiences. In this blog you will find my thoughts and reactions to the changes going on within the church and in wider culture. You will also find a variety of resources for use in your own worship gatherings. Each blog entry is tagged with a label/category (reflection, resource, station, liturgy, and news) to make your searching easier. I hope you enjoy your visit.

If you are looking for custom worship resources, music, or booking information please contact me at vic@vichammond.com.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jesus Creed

I intentionally took a several year hiatus from reading books on the topic of church while I was in school. With graduation finally under my belt, I decided it was time to break my fast and begin exploring what I have missed.

I ran across a book by Scot McKnight entitled Jesus Creed which I greatly enjoyed. It was quite a refreshing look at being a follower of Christ and I recommend it. In the process of reading the book, I discovered that McKnight writes a blog on Jesus and orthodox faith in the 21st century. It covers quite a diversity of topics and I mention here because it might be something that you would also enjoy. Plus, I realized that he is a professor at my future school and it never hurts to do a little ground work.

No comments: